- KHF is Registered Under FCRA,Act 2010, Ministry of Home Affairs Government of India
- KHF organized Drug De-addiction Awareness Programme at Industrial Training Institute Baramulla Kashmir
- Assam floods: People take shelter on highways as houses remain inundated, over 4500000 people's affected, 215 died.
- "In every thing there must be a reason, a time 2come and a time 2go. I pray that this New Year brings 2you happiness and joy 4ever and ever"
- Support us for upcoming rehabilitation center for blinds
- KHF required yours support for construction of home for blinds in Kashmir valley
Swine flu in Kashmir
Here is a list of dos and don’ts listed by the department of medicine for general public awareness.
• Every fever with respiratory symptoms is not H1N1 flu and people should not panic.
• Flu usually comes with fever, cough, nasal discharge, sore throat, headache and exhaustion.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Put your used tissue in the waste basket. Then, clean your hands, and do so every time you cough or sneeze.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub. Hands should be washed with soap and water for a minimum of 15-20 seconds for adequate sterilization. Alcohol based hand rubs should also be used in accordance with demonstrated technique.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
• Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
• If you are sick with flu-like illness, CDC recommends that you stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone, except for seeking medical attention or for other necessities.
• Children who get sick with flu like symptoms should stay home and avoid interaction with mates till they are recovered. Parents should voluntarily take a call on this and assist in social distancing of children.
• Be prepared in case you get sick and need to stay home for a week or so; a supply of easily available over-the-counter medicines (like nasal decongestants, paracetamol, etc), alcohol-based hand rubs (for when soap and water are not available), tissues and other related items could help you to avoid the need to make trips out in public while you are sick and contagious. Adequate rest helps fight off all viral infections.
• Employees who are well but who have an ill family member at home with H1N1 flu can go to work as usual. These employees should monitor their health every day, and take everyday precautions including covering their coughs and sneezes and washing their hands often with soap and water, especially after they cough or sneeze.
• Even though vaccination should be ideally undertaken in October/November each year for the antibodies to develop, it is never too late to vaccinate. All high risk groups should adopt vaccination as per the recommendations of the treating doctors.
• Avoid self-medication. Please and please don’t take Tamiflu unless it is prescribed by authorized medical personnel.
Symptoms that should prompt seeking medical attention:
• Fast breathing or trouble breathing
• Bluish skin color
• Not drinking enough fluids
• Not waking up or not interacting
• Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
• Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
• Fever with a rash
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
• Sudden dizziness
• Severe or persistent vomiting
• Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough
Message / Appeal
Kashmir Humanity Foundation; KHF India is a non- profit organization established in 2008,and have Valid FCRA Certificate, We strongly believe and advocate in equal opportunity for all in Education, Health and Literacy. Keeping our vision and Mission alive to make a difference to the lives of underprivileged, poor and marginalized; we focus and work in the areas of Health, Education, Child Welfare, Women empowerment, disability and safe water. Located and operating in India in the state of Jammu & Kashmir India,
- What we are doing at presentKHF India endeavours include an Helping Orphanage for girl children running a tailoring institutes for women to provide self sufficiency, setting up of learning and educational training center for unemployed youth to prepare them for better job prospects, reaching out to far-flung regions to providing health and basic hygiene facilities, providing pensions and financial help to helpless, extremely poor support-less old, elderly and disabled deserving persons.
- We are eligible for CSR projects, we have registered under Registered under Section 12 A & 80 G of Income Tax Act 1961
- We actively seek and build partnerships with your worthy organization and wish to work/implement your work areas of interest and your visions in Jammu and Kashmir India
- Please let us know how can we collaborate, and what is yours procedure, and guidelines for partnership/collaboration.
To know about us visit www.jkhfindia.org or mail us for further details we would be happy to share further details; if you require so.
Thank You Hoping for your Response